In under an hour you can have fresh burger buns on the picnic table.
2Tbsp active yeast
1 cup warm water (may need a Tbsp more if it’s dry in your house)
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1. Mix water, yeast, oil, and honey in mixing bowl. Let rest until yeast has developed.
2. Add 1 egg and 3 1/2 cups flour. Mix with dough hook until a dough slug forms. Dough will be slightly craggy.
3. Let rest 5-10 mins (this step can be skipped, but you may need more flour to make the dough workable).
4. Add 1 tsp salt and mix until well incorporated.
5. Finish by kneading a few times on UNfloured surface.
6. Divide dough evenly into 8 pieces (12 for slider buns), shape into balls and place on baking mat or parchment lined baking tray.
7. Set oven to 425° Flatten slightly and let rest for appx 10 mins (I let them rest until my oven gets to temp). *Optional: You can brush with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds. – Just note poppy seed buns will darken faster.*
8. Bake. Bake 12-15 mins (8-10 for slider buns).
9. Remove to let cool on wire cooling rack. Let them rest for 10 mins for the best cutting results * Note: they never last that long in this house*
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.