32 Days in America, Day 2
- Miles traveled: 351.8
- Miles traveled to date: 656.6
- States visited today: 2 – Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia
- States visited to date: 5
- Tanks of gas pumped to date: 2
- Meltdowns: 1
- Columnar rock formations from the Neoproterozoic era (rapidly cooled lava formed in surprisingly regular columns) in Virginia.
- Driving through the Mary’s Rock Tunnel in Shenandoah National Park.
- Hiking to the highest peak in Shenandoah National Park – it was windy!
- Earning the first Jr. Ranger badge of the trip (Grayson was a little carsick and opted to not go for this badge and he and I got to squeeze in some extra snuggles).
- We ended the day at Kelsey’s cousin’s house with playmates and yummy dinner.
Other fun photos:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.